Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 16

LibraryThing

I've looked at LibraryThing before, but did not use it. Today, I signed
up for a free account and added 5 books by one of my favorite authors.
None of the records had tags so I added a few.

I find the ThingLang to be innovated. I have not heard of anyone using
the ISBN to determine the language of the title. This would be a great
enhancement to OCLC or an ILS.

I love the ISBN Check. I did not realize that LibraryThing had an API
to fix ISBNs and return a 10 or 13 digit ISBN. I'll use this when working
with a bad ISBN which happens once in a while.

I read the blog about MARCThing but have not used it. Since I work in
MARC records daily, I'm not jazzed about not seeing MARC in LibraryThing.
However, I would like to use MARC record as it would have subject in most
cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment