Friday, August 21, 2009

Thing 19

Google Docs



I love the idea of Google Docs. I've always wanted to share docs with coworkers yet we do not have a shared drive. Is it possible that we can use Google Docs for this purpose?



I already have a Google account, so I started by creating a doc. I listed all the tasks I need to complete before the end of the fiscal year which is in 5 weeks. I saved the doc and shared it with Joseph who is the Catalog Librarian.

I then checked out the spreadsheet feature. I usually import data into spreadsheets, so I tried the import feature. I was able to import a couple of .xls from by pc. Worked great.

The feature I am really excited about is creating forms to request information from people to populate a spreadsheet. I do not have a task for this right now, but I'll keep this in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment