Friday, August 21, 2009

Thing 20

YouTube

On YouTube I searched for "Texas library public" which resulted in a list of 220 videos.
My favorites are the videos about book cart drill teams. I searched for "Fort Worth Public Library" which resulted in 8 videos. I watched a video that a patron shot while using a public pc. It was very short and did not seem to have a point. Then I watched a video about Southside (Evans Rosedale) History which portrayed the Ella Mae Shamblee Branch Library as part of the Living Legacy of African American history in Fort Worth. The piece was effective in portraying the history of the area and the struggles African Americans faced in accomplishing their goals and dreams.

I'd like to see more local videos during story time (I realize that there are copyright issues in
videoing the reading of an author's work) and during programs like LibraryFest.

No comments:

Post a Comment